TITLE: Afterschool Program Staff
EDUCATION LEVEL: High School Diploma or GED
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time, Monday–Friday, Afterschool–6:00pm, August–May
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Utah County provides afterschool and summer programs to kids throughout Utah County. The Afterschool Programs are located on school-site locations and one Clubhouse and generally run M-F from 1-6 pm during the school year. While at the program, youth receive a blend of academic and enrichment activities. The Afterschool Program serves youth in Elementary and/or Junior High Schools. The elementary sites are licensed childcare sites. In addition, this program provides healthy food and snacks to youth at the sites. The program provides transportation from designated schools to the Provo Clubhouse.
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Fine Arts, STEM, and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members;
- Ensure members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety, and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services, and activities for all members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate program services and activities.
- Oversee member safety, program quality, and appearance of the organization at all times.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly organization staff meetings.
- May participate in special programs and/or events
- Increase visibility of Club programs via end of month showcase.
- Plan and coordinate a month long class that develops a skill as the end of each session.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience in working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to work with the school and general public.
- Plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications may be required.
- Valid State Driver’s License
TO APPLY: Email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org