Website Boys & Girls Club of Utah County
Post Date: July 2020
Education Level: Bachelor degree or equivalent accreditation
Compensation: $17 – $20 per hour
Work Schedule: Part-Time, Monday – Friday, afterschool to 5:30 – 6:00, August – May
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Utah County-Dixon Middle School provides afterschool programs to students from grades pre-k to 12th grade. The afterschool programs are located on-site locations run Monday-Friday from afterschool until 5:30 pm during the school year. While at the program, youth receive a blend of academic and enrichment activities. In addition, this program provides healthy snacks to youth at the sites.
Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated afterschool program with the primary concern for activity and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, budgets, membership administration, and serving healthy snacks.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Plan and oversee programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes:
• Establish program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
• Ensure members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
2. Ensure safety of youth by adhering to policy, providing proper supervision, and planning appropriate activities; ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and equipment is maintained in good working condition.
3. Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
1. Allocate and monitor work assigned to program staff and volunteers, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
2. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
3. Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
1. Plans and oversees the administration of club-wide programs and activities
2. Establishes objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org